Join us on a scenic 160 km round-trip to the Elgin Railway Market, departing on selected weekend days at 08h00 (passengers to arrive between 07h00 and 07h30) from Cape Town.
The journey departs from Harbour Bridge Platform (close to the Cape Town International Convention Centre), and meanders through Cape Town and its surrounds until reaching the majestic Sir Lowrys Pass. Arriving at the foot of the pass, the train embarks on an epic climb up one of the steepest railway lines in South Africa. Cresting the peak, the train snakes it way into the lush Elgin Valley before arriving at the Elgin Railway Market.
Onboard our train, guests can enjoy the wonderful scenery from various seating options whilst sipping on drinks from our fully licensed cash bar, or snacking in our dining car.
The service is suited to all ages and promises to be an experience to never forget. Kids under 2 travel free.
- Day Sitter seating – R625 per seat
- Family Coupe (Maximum 2 adults and 2 children) – R1500 for the whole coupe
- Family Compartment (Maximum 4 adults and 2 children) – R2900 for the whole compartment
- Bar Lounge Seating (No under 18’s) – R750 per seat
- Lounge Car Seating – R750 per seat
- Observation Car (Group bookings only for 15 – 28 people) – Starts at R12 750 for 15 people in a private setting.