MYSTERY TRAIN – 27 APRIL 2023
A day filled with mystery and intrigue!
- 08:00 – 08:45 – Passengers Arrive & Boarding
- 08:00 – Train arrives at the platform
- 09:03:14 – Departure
- 17:00 – 18:00 – Arrival back in Cape Town
- Passengers are advised not to arrange evening events after the train at a time too close to the arrival of the train back in Cape Town due to possible delays in arrival.
- The ticket is a return ticket and includes the cost of your journey with us.
- We have a fully stocked bar, dining car (for snacks), and coffee onboard. We will be taking pre-orders for light meals. Payment by cash or card is accepted.
- We are currently not wheelchair accessible unless the person is able to board without the wheelchair.
- No smoking is permitted onboard.
- Closed shoes are advisable, but not compulsory
- A light jersey or jacket is advisable in the case of sudden weather changes.
General Rules and Other Info
- If you are in need of assistance, go to the Coach Controller or Train Manager.
- Obey the instructions given by our Train Manager (orange visi-vest) and our Coach Controllers (yellow visi-vest).
- Please do not stand or kneel on the furniture and tables, and keep dirty feet off too.
- Everyone loves to peek out of the window, but please do not hang out of the windows; it is dangerous due to vegetation along the track as well as soot from the steam locomotive.
- Please do not throw litter out of the windows – cleaning staff and bins are available on board.
- No bare feet – the plates between the coaches shift and passengers are at risk of getting injured if their feet are bare.
- We cannot control the actions of communities alongside the rail line. There have been incidents of stone throwing in the past; we undertake to do our best to monitor the known hotspots to ensure passengers are aware, and communities are engaged.